Located on Cristobal Colón Avenue in Puerto de la Cruz, is the Costa Martiánez Tourist Complex, one of the main tourist attractions of the municipality.
Composed of seven seawater pools, gardens, solariums, bars, restaurants, viewpoints and sculptures, it is popularly known as Lake Martiánez, inside and outside the Canary archipelago.
Its construction was divided into 3 phases: Phase 1 - San Telmo (1957), Phase 2 - Los Alisios (1967) and Phase 3 - Lago Martiánez (1977). The engineers J.A. Amigó and J.L. Olcina were in charge of the project, hiring the artist César Manrique for the landscape direction.
It was inaugurated in April 1977, with an extension of more than 100,000 m2.
In 1995, Lake Martiánez was declared a Historic Garden within the BIC classifications.